The Dodgers finally broke out of their offensive slump on Monday

Demandez ce que vous voulez, tout est possible ! parlez de vos idées de funs et originales

Modérateur : David-Technicien AD

liny195

03 Juin 2019, 10:18

Nolan Ryan Jersey , scoring seven runs and getting 10 hits. It wouldn’t be enough, as the Cardinals offensive would get the upper hand, winning the game 11-7, and completing the four-game sweep of LA."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2019 Spring TrainingProspectsCommentaryNews and NotesDodgers Game RecapsDodgers lose 11-7, swept by Cardinals New,99commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareDodgers lose 11-7, swept by Cardinals Scott Kane-USA TODAY SportsThe Dodgers finally broke out of their offensive slump on Thursday, scoring seven runs and getting 10 hits. It wouldn’t be enough, as the Cardinals offensive would get the upper hand, winning the game 11-7 to complete the four-game sweep. For the Dodgers, it’s the first time they’ve been swept in St. Louis since 2010, which was also a four-game sweep. The goodThursday’s game will be remembered for the bad, but let’s take away some positives from the Dodgers’ performance.First and foremost, as mentioned earlier, they broke out of their offensive slump. Prior to today’s game, LA had scored a total of five runs through the first three games. If you take away the first inning of the first game, it was two runs over 26 innings. Enrique Hernandez continued his hot start to the season, hitting his fourth home run of the season, which gave the Dodgers a 7-4 lead in the third inning. To make things even better, he did so using Chase Utley’s bat. David Freese had a great game, going 2-for-3, including a home run. Finally, Walker Buehler hit his first career home run. Unfortunately for Buehler http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authent ... art-jersey , this would be the highlight of his performance. The badIt was an overall bad performance from Dodgers pitchers today, with the exceptions of Jaime Schultz and Dylan Floro.Things fell apart quickly for Buehler on Thursday afternoon. Two consecutive walks, a single, and a hit by pitch would give St. Louis a run before an out was recorded. After a sacrifice fly, the Dodgers led by only one. With two outs in the inning, Buehler had a chance to leave with the lead. With runners on third and second, a wild-pitch would score both baserunners, giving St. Louis a 4-3 lead. Buehler would only last four innings, allowing five runs on five hits. Through three starts, Buehler’s ERA on the season sits at 8.25.Pedro Baez came on in relief, and was immediately greeted with three consecutive singles to load the bases. He struck out Jedd Gyorko, but promptly hit Harrison Bader with a pitch, cutting their lead to only one. Matt Wieters then singled, giving the Cardinals an 8-7 lead. Needing only one more out to get out of the inning, Max Muncy misplayed a routine grounder at second, resulting in the Cardinals’ fourth run of the inning, giving them a two-run cushion. Yimi Garcia would get the sixth, but a walk, double and wild pitch added two more runs for the Cardinals, giving them an 11-7 lead. The Dodgers couldn’t get anything going the rest of the game, going 1-for-10 in the final three innings, and dropping their fourth consecutive game. Thursday particulars WP: Giovanny Gallegos (1-0) 1 1鈦? IP, 3 SO Reggie Jackson Jersey , 0 ERLP: Pedro Baez (0-1) 1 IP, 4 RHome runs: Enrique Hernandez (4), David Freese (1), Walker Buehler (1)Up nextThe Dodgers return home this weekend for a three-game series with the Milwaukee Brewers. Julio Urias (0-0, 3.12 ERA) will get the start, as he’ll square off against Corbin Burnes (0-1, 9.90 ERA). First pitch on Friday night is at 7:10 pm PT, and can be seen on SportsNet LA. I just can’t. To watch a sporting event, it generally needs to feature a participant I want to win or a participant I want to lose. Barring the ability to pick a dog in the fight, the outcome..."I just can’t. To watch a sporting event, it generally needs to feature a participant I want to win or a participant I want to lose. Barring the ability to pick a dog in the fight, the outcome should have some impact on my favorite team/fighter/player.This World Series has none of the above. Two teams I root against 162 games a year, and no impact on the Angels. I watch plenty of Dodgers games so I can root against them. Same with Boston, largely thanks to ESPN cramming them down everybody’s throats all the time. Always to hope they lose, being disappointed most of the time.But the Dodgers and Red Sox can’t both lose this Series. Nor will the outcome affect the Angels in any way, on or off the field. Currently the two drunkest, most obnoxious fan bases to invade the Big A each year belong to these two franchises. One will get worse, no matter the outcome.Worse. Worse than they already are, which is generally insufferable with the upside of too drunk to remember the game they attended. Either way, three games next year will be worse than they were this year. And there were police paddy wagons parked at the stadium this year.That’s not to say that I don’t know a great many Dodgers fans who are great people. I do. I’m related to quite a few. I work for one. None who know the origin of their name or logo, but alas, that is a Dodger fan. And I’m capable of being happy for them, I’d just prefer it not be this way. Not on a home run by Puig or a run scored by Machado.Also http://www.angelsfanproshop.com/authent ... art-jersey , a Dodgers victory in the most front-running of front-runner cities would lead to an explosion for revisionist, and false, “we were here first” and “we were always an major league team” crap from countless other Dodgers fans. You’d think at least a small minority of the fan base would be interested in the the actual, far more fascinating, history of the franchise, but they aren’t. The thought of front-runners pointing to the interlocking LA logo on their hat for the next couple of years, having absolutely no clue where the logo originated, is enough to offset any potential good will towards the good Dodgers fans in my life.Which makes me feel like a bad friend/relative. More downside.Sox fans? Well we only have them for a series, at most two, per year. They definitely have a front-runner following and the number of B hats would increase. We wouldn’t have to deal with them on a daily basis as much, but if any fan base deserves misery, it is Boston’s. I’ve literally seen better fan behavior at a Raiders game. And if they win, my friends and family lose. There’s literally no upside for the Angels fan here. No upside as friend, either. No upside to be found.So, for the first time that I can remember, I won’t watch the World Series. I’m sure I’ll get little peeks at a TV when I’m out to dinner. Social media will keep me informed, whether I want it to or not. But I won’t watch a complete inning, much less a complete game.The good news? I have far greater things to do with my time than watch baseball. Nothing has affirmed that belief more than becoming a father. Time spent crawling around with my little guy beats time spent doing literally anything else in the world. I just won’t have a game on in the background like I often do.Admittedly, I’ve watched less baseball this year than normal anyway (and I don’t see that changing as my son becomes more active). I’ve yet to completely skip out on a World Series, but hobbies are supposed to be enjoyable and there’s no way this Series will be.I’ll probably do a follow up piece explaining what I did to fill the time and whether or not there were any withdrawal symptoms.In the meantime, I’d love to hear how the HH faithful is going to watch the two teams our polls showed as your two least favorite battle it out for a title.
Répondre